Tuesday, September 4, 2007

September

I really can't believe it is September...there is a chill in the air tonight and while I am thrilled to have the hot summer behind us, I am just overwhelmed by how quickly time goes by. I will be 32 in November which feels very old to me - 31 has been a breeze, but adding that extra number just feels odd, aren't 32 year-olds ancient? I don't feel ancient, I still feel 27! Ah well, not much I can do to avoid it...but still!

The last few months have been filled with ups and downs. Nursing school is incredible, I am learning an amazing amount and also discovering what I want to specialize in after graduation. I actually met a nurse the other day who had worked at my fertility clinic, we had a very interesting conversation about the clinic and how she felt about working there. I found it very interesting, that even after knowing I was a patient, she said that it was a challenging job because every patient is "just a little bit crazy." NO SHIT! I will say, beside that comment, she actually was very helpful and insightful about the clinic and the process. Oh, and did I forget to mention that starting last Monday I began my 5 wk OB rotation for school...I can honestly barely handle the lecture and am actually scared and feeling somewhat phyically ill about my first clinical day on Thursday - my first assignment, L & D!!!

In the blur of nursing school I have not been able to be the perfect eater/exerciser/nondrinker that I set out to be...I have not idea what I weigh and have not been on my vitamins regularly. I am trying to keep my act together, but am only succeeding about 50% of the time.

We tried again in early August. I actually purchased the conception kit and we give it a whirl - unfortunately it didn't work and I actually started my period 2 days early...ugh. I am really not sure how I feel about it...the idea is ingenious, but when you really dig into the packaging, I feel kike you could get 90% of the supplies from your local T*rget. Also, attempting to place the cervical cap (or whatever they call it) over the cervix while it is filled with sperm is NO easy task! I think I ovulated sometime last week but missed it with the predictor kit, we went ahead and had plain old intercourse around what we hoped was the approximate timing, but I am sure it will be a bust as we didn't even have the chance to use Mucin*x. I have two more months of conception kit supplies, just not sure if we will give them another go or not...

Finally, we have been going back and forth about whether or not to try and do IVF in December. I have to contact our IVF nurse to speak about scheduling and whether or not it will work with my school schedule. If we decide to wait, I will have IVF in April/May08 unless we get lucky trying naturally!

Not much else is happening here except for everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) I know is either pregnant or have decided to start trying....trying not to think about it too much but devastated every time I do.

I know there has been some really great news and some really tough news out there in blogland...am thinking of you always and hoping all the best for you!

More as life develops.....

Oh, if you want to check out the conception kit, look here:http://www.conceptionkit.com/

No comments: